Dear Food- Fan,
Today we visited 2 other markets. We already know the Krogers. Today we get to know Pipkins and Jungle Jim. Two totally different markets.
Krogers in Clifton are very famous in the middle class. You have a wide range of products from fruits and vegetables through polish to a variety of towels. I like Krogers very much because it isn`t to big so that you can easily get an overview.
The Pipkins is market in the traditional way. It is similar to weekly markets, very small and all products are fresh and from nearby farms. It was superising that the prices are moderate. There was a good price attainment relation. I would visit it once a week if a were an habitant.
Jungle Jim was the biggest mall I ever saw. They really got everything you can imagine. I was really shocked about the death pig head laying in the shelve. I really like that nearly all countries have their own specific shelves. The vegetables were very fresh. I think big families would buy their foods there. Because its child-friendly with all those colourful figures. Jungle Jim wants to spread a good feeling of the customers while giving a lot of samples. For me personally as an single household this market would be to big. I prefer both other markets. But If you want some special food maybe from India than Jungle Jim would be the best joice.
I think its obvious that you see a lot of different cultures in Jungle Jim because of their wide range. But maybe its to expensive for some poorer households. In Kroger I think its where everybody would find everything he or she search for. Pipkins is for people who nourish healthily.
In the end I can say than I was surprised than you can nourish healthy if you want to. Besides the prejudice that all American eat Fast Food all the time.
Donnerstag, 20. August 2009
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Hi Anna-Elisa,
AntwortenLöschenIt is interesting to hear that you are surprised that Americans can eat and shop for healthy food. Why do you think that many do not? Do you think that everyone has an equal choice to eat healthy food?
See you next week,
Jody